Monday, February 27, 2006

Take the bull by the horns or become lost sheep!

I have just been reading the recent posting the gasdoc has made on his site and I am in agreeance, alright my blogspot is pretty s**t but I am not going to deny that and I certainly dont profess to know all the facts-far from it! I have spent alot of my time on the computer at the hospital looking at different sites and god knows how many different forums and we do all want the same thing but we dont seem to be heading let alone facing in the right direction to actually get something done about it that will make a difference. I think that everyone is aware that we (smokers-against the ban) are out here but until we actually set upon wrestling them to the ground over it we are not going to get anywhere. We do need a leader to be defined and we need to set a proper structure in order to fulfill our quest. For example having seen a suggestion on one of the many websites that maybe we should have a smoke-a-thon i mentioned it to a few of my smoking friends who thought it was a brilliant idea and would be up for participating and asked about advertising it etc, I am sure I am not the only one who received the same response but is anything actually going to happen whether it is a smoke-a-thon or some other idea.
I emailed someone at forest about it saying I would be willing to help in any way I could but have never heard anything back. I have a lot of freetime on my hands at the moment and I feel like I should be doing something but I dont know what. We need someone to take the bull by the horns and organise something official because we will end up looking like lost sheep.
I too have struggled to find somewhere to eat or drink or both where I am allowed to smoke, and its becoming near enough impossible already-we do need a leader a set structure and we need to at the very least attempt to beat the anti-smokers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I think whether people like it or not the battle against the smoking ban has been lost. The Conservatives won't reintroduce it, Labour definitely won't, and neither will the Liberal Democrats. Considering that these are the only possible parties that can win a General Election in the next twenty years, there is very little that can be done about it.

27/5/06 11:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home